Last updated May 29, 2019
- What type of information we process
- How we collect User information
- Our usage of Cookies
- How we use the information
- With whom we share the information
- For how long we retain the information
- How we safeguard the information
- How to contact us
What type of information we process
The Company processes information provided by Users through the Website or collected through the use of tracking technologies, as detailed below, which includes both non-identifiable information pertaining to the User and Personal Data. This includes the following categories of data:
- User Activity. Information regarding User’s activity on the Website such as the time and frequency of access, the referrer page domain, pages viewed, and interactions between the User and the Website.
- Inquiries. If you contact us for questions or complaints, we will collect the information related to your inquiry and to verify your identity. This may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
If we combine Personal Data with non-identifiable information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Data for as long as it remains combined.
How we collect information
We use two methods to collect information, which relates to Users:
- We collect information, which the User voluntarily provides to us through the Website. For example, we use Personal Information that the User discloses to submit inquiries through the Website.
- We collect information through the tracking technology as detailed below.
How we use the information
- To support and troubleshoot our Website;
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
- To offer users to opt-into our list and recieve updates
With whom we share the information
In order to provide the services on our Website, we may share Personal Information with our service providers, in connection with operation of the Website, third party service providers (e.g. cloud web services for storing information on our behalf or processing information).
All third party services are evaluated and must be approved by the Company’s security team before integration.
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information submitted via the Website if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Users or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Third-party collection of information
Our Website may contain links to other websites provided by third parties not under our control. When following a link and providing information to third party website, please be aware that we are not responsible for the information provided to that third party.
Rights to your information
Users located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights to their personal data. Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have the right to certain actions to your data such as:
- Right to verify your information
- Right to see what personal information about you we have
- Right to request that we erase data about you
- Right to restrict The Company from processing data pertaining to you
- Right to export data in a portable format
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: Privacy@jsof-tech.com. When handling your request, we will ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which may include Personal Data). However, please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your personal data, we may be prevented from processing such requests.
For how long we retain the information
The Company retains your information for as long as needed to provide the services offered through our Website and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies unless you request the deletion of your information. In some cases, we may retain certain information about you as required by law or compliance, even if your information is deleted.
We may use the information we collect to compile aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information. We may share such anonymized or de-identified information with any other third party, at our sole discretion.
How we safeguard the information
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Website and safeguarding information which relates to Users. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of Users’ information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard such information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Website, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
We do not collect any information, which relates to Users who are under the age of 16. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 16 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If Users have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, it will be advisable to contact us at Privacy@jsof-tech.com.
The Company may transfer data outside of your country of residence. The Company complies with international data transfer laws and ensures that it has a legally approved mechanism in place to allow for the international data transfer such as the US-EU Privacy Shield or the Standard Contractual Clauses.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to restrict The Company’s use of other information that constitutes your Personal Information and lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office:
United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
How to contact us
If Users have any general questions about the Website or the information that we collect about them and how we may use it, they may contact us at Privacy@jsof-tech.com.
Details of Company and affiliated companies in the group:
JSOF Ltd., Hebrew University of Jerusalem , Givat Ram Campus, Levy Building, Jerusalem, Israel
Last update: May 29, 2019